None at this time.
We are currently accepting applications for 2016 internships to assist in our mission of bringing the world to New Hampshire. Minimum length of internship: 3 months. Please send a cover letter and resume to our office - apply to Executive Director Anna Berry- or contact us to learn more. Complete job description is below.
Please check with your institution about academic credit or work study compensation for this educational opportunity.
Reports directly to Executive Director
Help plan, publicize and implement non-profit’s public programs for 2016 to fulfill organization’s mission of fostering learning, discussion and citizen involvement in world affairs around the state. Through social media, website work, outreach and event planning, you will ensure WACNH events maximize quality, partnerships, publicity and member satisfaction. Events include Global Business Summit at SNHU, speaker luncheons, teacher workshops, evening lecture series at UNH Manchester, film and discussion series at Red River Theatres in Concord
- Help plan and execute public events: recruit speakers and set up film showings according to planned program calendar for 2015; Plan for partner organization involvement; act as liaison to SNHU departments and student clubs; and arrange possible high school visit by speaker(s); Arrange details of events including venues, food, AV services, dates and times; Create publicity for the event, including: flyer for event (including speaker or film information and photos), press release according to template on file, social media updates and email to members and other contacts; interact with members and public at events and follow-up to ensure satisfaction of stakeholders;
- Be the voice of WACNH in social media: regularly update WACNH’s social media presence on Facebook and Twitter to ensure that members are engaged and informed about New Hampshire’s ties with the world;
- Help manage WACNH’s home online: regularly update WACNH’s website to ensure that events and programs are well-publicized and members/public can find resources on world affairs;
- Other duties: greet visitors to office and direct inquiries to staff, answer phone calls and email messages appropriately; update databases and files with new contact information.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office programs;
- Ability to navigate internet searches and online resources and type at a fast rate;
- Professional and polite demeanor, especially when working with high-level contacts;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and stay calm during implementation of events onsite;
- Exemplary organizational and communication skills;
- Prior work with website updates a plus (especially Wild Apricot software);
- Social media skills beneficial.